New Gullivers Theme Park
Planning consent has been given for a New Gullivers Themepark in Rotherham. With a proposed cost of £37 million pounds, this will be Gulliver’s fourth theme park.
Gullivers Theme parks offer a great day out for families with small children. Gullivers already offer three great theme parks located in Warrington, Milton Keynes and Matlock Bath.
The £37 million pound resort is set to be built on the site of a former coal mine in South Yorkshire. The Pithouse West opencast colliery site, near Rother Valley Park, has been sold by Rotherham Council to the Gulliver’s Family Theme Parks firm.
Gullivers Valley Resort
The proposed name for the new development is Gullivers Valley. The Gulliver’s company website states that the rolling development of the site would cost approximately £37 million pounds. Gullivers intend to build a complete resort with a theme park, adventure centre, “glamping” woodland lodges, a hotel and holiday village.
The Gulliver’s company said its development of the Pithouse West site was planned to be “sympathetic, retaining and enhancing large areas of existing woodland as attractive elements of the resort”.
Managing director Julie Dalton said: “We want to create a ‘whole park feel’, with nature trails, walks, outdoor gyms and woodland runs which can be used by our guests and the local community alike.”
In a statement, Rotherham Council said: “Gulliver’s Valley Resort would be developed in four or five phases over a 12-year period.”
The resort will be constructed on the site of the former Brookhouse Colliery, which closed in 1985.
The first phase of developing Gulliver’s Valley would be the new Gullivers Themepark and associated areas, taking about two years.
New Gullivers Themepark to offer the following Attractions
* A theme park designed especially for families
* An indoor water play zone suitable for all ages and abilities
* Fantastic themed areas throughout the park to capture imaginations
* Self-catering woodland lodges and treehouses designed to complement the peaceful surroundings
* A stylish hotel designed as a family venue
* Official NERF Zone attraction
* Multi-use nature trails open to the community
* Indoor climbing centre
* A woodland adventure centre
* An education and ecology centre including forest classrooms, woodland crafts and outdoor learning adventures
* Venues will be available for hire for special occasions, business use and group events
* Outdoor gyms maintained by the Gulliver’s landscaping team.
* Gully’s dream village, a community where children with life-threatening illnesses can be given the chance to enjoy a cost-free respite in a magical environment.
Click Here to find out More:
New Gullivers Themepark
Click Here to view the Plans:
Gullivers Theme parks
Established in the 1970’s by the Phillips family, Gulliver’s has always been committed to creating unforgettable days out for thousands of families every year.
Gullivers Theme parks offer a great day out for families with small children with parks already located in Warrington, Milton Keynes and Matlock Bath.
The parks are designed especially for families, offering a huge selection of rides and attractions.
Finding great days out for toddlers and older children alike can be a tricky task. Gulliver’s Themeparks are unique in that they are specially designed for families with children aged between the years of 2 and 13. All three of their current parks offer a wide range of rides and attractions suitable for children.
One of the unique things with Gullivers Themeparks is that there are minimal additional charges. Gullivers offer free car parking and a number of coin operated rides inside each park are also free of charge.
Attractions Near Me Offers
Originally posted 2016-12-16 13:37:42.